Chemical Emergency Response
Center,CERC was established for the development of PCD task for chemical
emergency to eliminate the adverse effect to life and property and environment.
This center also enhances PCD to effectively support the relevant agencies in eradication
and extermination of the mishap, including the remediation of environmental damage.
CERC has role, duties and responsibilities as followings
- To respond to chemical emergency calls and coordinates with the related
internal and external agencies for 24 hours a day.
- To support the emergency
response team in the situation of chemical leaks, explosions, fires and illegal
chemical waste dumping.
- To establish the emergency response plan and guidelines
for remediation of the contaminated environment.
- To provide basic information
for chemical emergency response to the local administration agencies or technical
officers/chemical experts, including doing the mishap statistic and assessments.
develop and organize the training courses and simulations for chemical emergency
- To publish technical papers for the better chemical emergency response
procedure of local authorities.
- To build and develop the chemical emergency
response network and the coordinating center for headquarters and the regional
- To do other designated tasks.
Under Chemical Emergency
Response Center (CERC), there is a telephone system called Hotline
1650 to take any calls informing the chemical emergency, pollution complaints,
and to provide the basic information for the chemical emergency and other necessary
Besides, you may inform
your enquiry to Pollution Control Department by methods;
- Chemical Emergency Response by telephone at 66
2298 2405 (Bangkok)
- Pollution Complaints click
Pollution Hotline form or
- By telephone at 66
2298 2605 (Bangkok)
- For basic information of chemical emergency response here
- Contact Address and CERC mission click here